Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Posts not written by me, posted with permission (credit to Michael S).

We were installing a paver patio under the gazebo we’ve had for a few years this past weekend.  After the back-breaking work of digging out the sod then digging down an additional  10 inches before pouring in 125 bags of crushed stone, then laying down landscaping fabric before pouring 75 bags of “filler sand”, scraping that layer smooth and finally placing the pavers in place, I fully understand why paver patio’s cost so much to install. I’m aching in places I’ didn’t even know I  had. If that wasn’t bad enough, we ran out of the small size pavers and had to order more so the project isn’t finished yet. Presently, I have a huge tarp covering the almost completed patio so the rain doesn’t wash away the unpacked sand.

For added “fun” our Boston Terror; (no I’ve purposely spelled that as TERROR): kept running up on the pile of dug out sod, grabbing a chunk in her mouth and running off with it all the while shaking it and growling like a goofball. I had bits of shredded sod & dirt all over the yard. Not to mention a filthy, muddy dog on my hands that needed a bath. Naturally, when Annabelle goes crazy that tends to send K and M’s 3 beasties into a frenzy as well. That meant that we had 4 screwy, yapping, running, jumping, and crapping dogs underfoot all day while were working. Diablo is so old  he couldn’t join in the “fun”; not that I think he wanted to.  He just wobbled up under the apple tree and watched the circus.

No comments:

Post a Comment