Friday, June 3, 2011

Introduction

I'm not a writer and I'm really not trying to pretend that I am.  I simply need an outlet...  a place to express myself, a place that's all about me!  Part of me is that I'm a mom...  I have 16 year old twins and custody of my niece who'll be 16 in two weeks.  To say things are crazy, challenging, insane or dramatic would be understatements.  I don't really even know what it is that I want to write about, what I can write about or what I should write about.  I'd like to be able to express my honest thoughts and maybe receive some feedback from other parents, but I don't even know if I'm going to write about my adventures as a parent.  If I write about my kids are they going to wind up in therapy forever as adults, blaming me for everything that's wrong in their lives?  I think that happens regardless...  I've heard people complain about growing up in what seemed to be the "perfect" home and now no relationship can live up to the perceived perfection.  I've also heard about people growing up with drug addicted parents, who never knew where their next meal was coming from and now they're successful and happy - claiming the rough life made them stronger.  So who really knows what's right and what's wrong?  I suppose we're all doing the best that we can and hope we aren't raising serial killers (sorry to those of you who did).  Yikes. 
Anyway, I think I've completely veered off course and have started rambling.  All I really wanted to say in this first post is hello world.  I hope we can help each other out.

No comments:

Post a Comment